Please see the general warning and safety guidelines in the PowerDot instructional manual. Our investigators have screened each participant in the study. However, if you have any concerns regarding your participation in the study, please consult with your physician and our research investigators. See below for contraindications:
- People with electronic devices such as pacemakers and intra- cardiac defibrillators.
- People suffering from epilepsy.
- Use during pregnancy.
- Place of electrodes to the front and sides of the neck.
- Stimulation of the thoracic area of people with cardiac arrhythmia.
- Stimulation of the lower legs in cases of venous thrombosis or severe arterial obstruction (ischemia).
- Stimulation of abdominal area in case of abdominal or inguinal hernia.
- In case of particular health problems, it is always recommended that you seek the advice of a healthcare professional.
- NEVER use PowerDot while driving, operating machinery, doing heavy physical training or any other action where involuntary muscle contraction can cause an accident or injury.