From the creators of Theragun comes TheraCup™, a digitized cupping therapy leveraging science-backed technology for a more controlled, effective, and safe solution. TheraCup™ combines cupping with vibration and heat for a more efficient and easy-to-use recovery solution. Advanced, effective, and portable, TheraCup’s™ innovative technology can be used by professionals or for at-home use alike.
TheraCup™ innovates on the traditional method of cupping therapy. TheraCup™ is intended to help relieve muscle tension and tightness and reduce pain and soreness. This device is intended to stimulate the natural healing process by increasing blood flow to the treated area to help reduce pain and soreness and enhance mobility. TheraCup™ combines vibration and heat together to provide an automated, effective, pressure-controlled method to perform cupping therapy.
Using the cupping technology
- Select the cup size (small, medium, large) best suited for the area you want to use TheraCup™. See below for more information on how to select the appropriate cup size. Ensure contact between the cup and the black ring on the device for sealing.
- Once comfortable, turn ON TheraCup™ by dragging the MasterSwitch slider to the right. The battery status LED shows that the device is ON.
- Short press the suction (middle) button to begin cupping. Short press the suction button to toggle through the pressure settings (low, medium, high).
- Place the cup on your forearm to adjust settings accordingly before use, or place directly on the intended area, such as your back, arms, and legs and begin use. Once placed, push the cup into the skin for strong suction.
- Short press the vibration button to turn ON vibration. Short press the vibration button to toggle through the speed settings. A long press turns off the treatment.
- Short press the heat button to turn ON the heat treatment. A short press toggles through the three temperatures, and a long press stops the treatment.
- After three minutes, you will hear a short beep, indicating that TheraCup™ treatment is complete. To turn OFF TheraCup™, drag the MasterSwitch slider to the left. The device will maintain suction until safely removed.
General usage notes
1. Cup Sizes Overview
- Small: (35mm) recommended for smaller muscles, e.g., levator scapulae (back of the neck), traps, knees, calves.
- Medium: (45mm) recommended for medium muscles, e.g., deltoids, triceps, forearms, traps.
- Large: (55mm) cup) recommended for larger muscles, e.g., traps, back, lower back, hamstrings, quadriceps, calves.
2. As with cupping generally, bruising will occur after use of TheraCup™.
TheraCup is USB-C enabled includes a USB-C to USB-A cable. You can plug the device into any standard USB adapter. The USB port is located opposite of the Master Switch. The battery level is indicated in the LED indicator of the battery:
- Orange: low charge, blue: mid charge, green: fully charged
When charging, the LED will flash to indicate it is properly connected and will turn solid green when complete. You can always check the battery level by inserting the battery level by dragging the switch to the right while the device is on. The battery LED switches off while the device is turned off. Note: If using a charger from a third party, ensure that it is from a certified manufacturer and has not suffered any structural damage. Do not try to use the device while charging.
- Toggle the MasterSwitch to the left to turn OFF TheraCup. Ensure that the battery status LED is OFF.
- Use disinfectant wipes for sanitizing the cups and heating element.
- Clean TheraCup with a lightly dampened cloth or an alcohol-based solution if it comes in contact with anything that may cause stains or other damage, like: dirt or sand, makeup, ink, soap, detergent, acids or acidic foods, or with liquids other than fresh water, including those that may lead to skin irritation such as: sweat, salt water, soapy water, pool water, perfume, insect repellent, lotions, sunscreen, oil, adhesive remover, hair dye, or solvents.
- Dry TheraCup with a non-abrasive, lint-free cloth.
- TheraCup comes with replaceable filters to prevent foreign substances from damaging the device. To replace the filter, remove the small rubber cap located at the top of the heated pad. Replace the filter once every six months.