RecoveryPulse is the world’s most advanced vibration and compression wearable. It is a portable device designed to help maximize muscle recovery time without changing your routine.
We designed five different sizes for the RecoveryPulse Arm and six sizes for the RecoveryPulse Calf. To determine your best size for RecoveryPulse Arm, measure the widest point of the bicep with the muscle relaxed. For RecoveryPulse Calf, measure the widest point of the calf, with the muscle relaxed. Then, reference the below size guide to find your best fit.
If you fall in-between sizes and have used compression garments in the past, we recommend sizing down. If you are brand new to compression, we recommend sizing up. LIke most compression garments, these run small to allow a snug fit. You can also try RecoveryPulse on in-store at Therabody retailers and Reset locations.
RecoveryPulse Arm size guide:
- XS: 22-26 cm / 8.6-10.2 in.
- S: 23-30 cm / 9.0-11.8 in.
- M: 27-30 cm / 10.6-13.4 in.
- L: 31-42 cm / 12.2-16.5 in.
- XL: 40+ cm / 15.7+ in.
RecoveryPulse Calf size guide:
- XS: 28-32 cm / less than 12.6 in.
- S: 31-35 cm / 12.2-13.8 in.
- M: 33-37 cm / 13.0-14.5 in.
- L: 35-42 cm / 13.8-16.5 in.
- XL: 40-45 cm / 15.7-17.7 in.
- XXL: 43-52 cm / 16.9-20.4 in.
Vibration therapy is the use of vibration to treat the body for therapeutic benefit. Vibration is scientifically proven to help decrease pain and tension, and improve circulation and recovery.
Yes, RecoveryPulse wearables are TSA compliant and can be kept in carry-on luggage when traveling. We recommend that it can be used during flights to increase circulation and reduce swelling.
RecoveryPulse Arm and RecoveryPulse Calf combine compression, vibration and far infrared therapies in one easy-to-use, on-the-go wearable. This first-of-its-kind combination of therapies helps increase circulation, accelerate recovery, reduce muscle soreness and enhance the body’s natural healing process for an elevated compression treatment that is more efficient than compression alone.
We recommend hand-washing the RecoveryPulse sleeve, but it can also be machine washable as follows:
- Remove the battery before washing.
- Place the RecoveryPulse sleeve in the provided laundry bag and machine wash on delicate, with cold water.
- After washing, lay flat to dry. Do NOT machine dry.
- Make sure the RecoveryPulse sleeve is completely dry before re-inserting the battery.
RecoveryPulse wearables are USB-C enabled and come with a Therabody USB-C to USB-A cable. The USB port is located on the battery pack. The battery level is displayed on the battery pack’s LED indicator:
Flashing red: Low charge
Flashing blue: Half-way charged
Flashing green: High charge
Solid green: Fully charged
When charging, the LED will flash to indicate it is properly connected and will turn solid green when complete. Please note, if using a charger from a third party, ensure that it is from a certified manufacturer and has not suffered any structural damage. Do not try to use the device while charging.
FlowKnit Fabric™ is Therabody's proprietary textile, constructed using germanium-infused yarns and a flexible 4-way stretch spandex blend. FlowKnit Fabric™ optimizes the integration of our patented VibraPulse Technology™ to deliver targeted vibration, compression and far infrared benefits.
There are 3 vibration preset settings on the RecoveryPulse device: Low, High and Wave. Each setting has different therapeutic benefits:
High is designed for shorter durations to warm-up and prepare for activity.
Low is designed for longer durations and is perfect for recovery.
Wave provides a dynamic treatment that is great for pain and/or soreness.
RecoveryPulse can be used for warm-up and cool down, exercise and general recovery, relief from aches and pains and to boost circulation. We recommend using before or after a workout or activity, after prolonged sitting or standing, while traveling or when you need general recovery benefits.
RecoveryPulse is a Class 1 FDA Registered Medical Device.
RecoveryPulse wearable devices are safe to use for healthy users. We always recommend consulting your physician with any questions or concerns you may have.
This device is contraindicated against and should not be used by those with the following concerns. These recommendations are derived from consultation with medical experts and the published research in regards to precautions and contraindications for compression and vibration therapy.
Due care is required in these circumstances and the use of the devices may need to be modified. Where appropriate or if you have any concerns, seek the advice of a medical professional.
- Recent injury or surgery
- Hypertension (controlled)
- Abnormal sensations (e.g., numbness)
- Sensitivity to pressure
- Do not wear these supports overnight while sleeping
- Mild peripheral neuropathy
- This garment should fit tightly, but should NOT restrict circulation in any way
The following are circumstances where the potential risks may outweigh the benefits. Consult a medical professional before use.
- Skin rash, open wounds, blisters, local tissue inflammation, bruises, tumors, cellulitis, recent skin graft, fragile “tissue paper” skin, gangrene, oozing dermatitis, or other skin infections
- Bone fracture or myositis ossificans
- Hypertension (uncontrolled)
- Vascular/arterial and circulation diseases, including blood clots, phlebitis, thromboses, and varicose veins
- Acute or severe cardiac, liver, or kidney disease
- Severe peripheral neuropathy or other cause of sensory impairment
- Bleeding disorders
- Connective tissue disorders
- Medications that thin the blood or alter sensations
- Direct pressure over surgical site or hardware
- Pacemaker or ICD
- History of embolism
- Allergy to garment material
- Extreme deformity of the limb, or unusual leg shape or size preventing correct fit
- Do not use in the presence of unexplained pain